An Excuse to Write
Thursday, July 15, 2004
  Pyschotic chain mails
Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they like you. Something good will happen to you at 1:00-4:00pm tomorrow, it could be anywhere aol, yahoo, outside of school, anywhere. get ready for the biggest shock of your life. If you break this chain letter you will be cursed with 10 relationship problems for the next ten years. If you send 15ppl this in 15 min you're safe.


I'm so sick of chain mails! Going by the number of such chain mails I've deleted over the 5 odd years I've been on the net, my so-called true love has been lost to me a hundred different times, friends who haven't recieved a copy of some chain mail have realized that I'm not a true friend and basically my life has been a series of accidents and tragedies. Oh woe is me!

Just when I thought I had told everyone, having the slightest tendency to forward chain letters, to keep me off their list...Sigh! Why on earth do they bother?! Nowadays, I tend to make up my mind about someone as soon as he/she sends me a chain letter/forward; just like I judge people by the way their emails/online messages are worded.

I tried to search for this Calvin & Hobbes strip about a chain letter on the net. Unfortunately my major source of C&H stuff has been unmercilessly closed down. But I did find find a lot of stuff about chain letters...

The Ultimate Chain Letter
The Anti-Chain Letter
Chain Letters
 
Comments:
That kinda spam mails really make me furious..i dont know why people believe in such bullshit.
One cousin of mine had this simple explanation when I reproached her, "I believe in that stuff"
Too bad for her ..
Anyway...if you remember the date of the calvin strip you are looking for...here's a place where you can find it all
http://lucid.hobbez.net/calvinhobbes/index.htm

Cheers
 
Thanks!
Actually I have the pdf version of the book but I can't copy images from it.

It is had to argue with people when they say they say "I believe". People admitting to personal eccentricities I can understand; they know they're not being logical and usually don't involve other people who don't believe.
 
yaar dipika...can you please send me that pdf..and any other calvin pdf's that you have...it'd be a great favour !

Hope you have my email address from the last favor i asked frm you :D

VM
 
Did you also get the Divya Singh (Siemens) message? That has been the most annoying one till date for me.
 
yeah .. these chain mails r the worst in ur mail box.. that much i believe that God doesn't use emails for communication so.. forwarding emails wont bring any good luck..and if God used emails ...WOW..do u think He'll using Windows OS or anything else ? ;)
 
Vardan: Sure I do; your email's pretty easy to remember. :)

Ravi: Nah, I didnt get that one. What was it about? Was Siemens offering reward money or was it for the sake of some poor tormented soul?!

Amit: I wonder if God percieves all prayers as hoax mails, considering they both overplay the victim.
 
Hey Dipika...Gmail allows attachment greater than 10 MB...maybe it'll work there....In case yuo have problems uploading there....I can get you a few sites where you can upload upto 2GB! of data :D .
P.S. I couldn't be more obvious about my desperation. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"You write because you need to write, or because you hope someone will listen, or because writing will mend something broken inside you, or bring something back to life-" - Jay Makintosh (from Blackberry Wine) I need to write. I need to rearrange and refine sentences. I want to ponder over how to put that thought in words; so that it fits in the scheme of things just so. Words can create magic and I want to get lost in them for some part of each day's life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Archives
July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / May 2006 / June 2006 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]